Day #2 together - 12/5/08

On our second day together, after a lazy morning, we visited Concord, MA. The visitors center was unfortunately closed, so we started walking Battle Field Road and giving ourselves a self guided tour of the historic sites. Only problem was that neither of us could remember much from our history classes, so the sites just became the backdrop for getting to know more about each other. It was during this time though that I first found out Matt possessed one of my dad's talents for being able to make up a fact and make it believable.

If you want proof that I can make something up and make it believable read our post on getting engaged. Skip to the part where I almost royally messed up my own plan and see how I recovered.

After our stroll we headed over to downtown Concord to partake in the scrumptious delights of the infamous Cheese Shop.

Because of this lil shop I now own my very own cheese slicer. Thanks, Merrit!


This place is truly fantastic (if you like cheese and crackers) and alone is worth a visit to Boston. Anybody want to come visit me? I promise to take you:) (But you only have until May 1st! After that she'll take you to a cheese shop in the ATL.)

The following pictures were taken at Walden Pond where we decided to enjoy our cheese goods in sub-zero temperatures. Ever have a picnic at -13? So much for trying to be romantic! It was lovely sitting on the blanket watching the sunset while eating heavenly cheese and cream soda, but once the sun was gone, we couldn't stop shivering.


That night we made dinner together while listening to Christmas music. Matt has a beautiful voice and I was completely romanced while he sang along and danced with me in the kitchen. This is the moment I really started to fall for him:)

1 comments:

Matt and Merrit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.