It All Began When Two People Signed Into Link-up

Matt and I met on the website www.ldslinkup.com. I'll have to give my sister Dana credit for this one. I never thought I would meet someone online but my sister was just convinced that she missed out by getting married before the dating online craze hit, so she had to experience that one through me. Here is my profile:


Here's mine:


(If you want to read our profiles click on them and a larger image will be shown.)

Little did I know that on November 17th, 2008 my life would be forever changed by this line from Matt:

"How's my favorite city these days? You guys freezin your butts off up there? I grew up across the borda' in NH."

After a few email exchanges he asked for my number. I'm not sure why I ever agreed to talk to him after that first conversation since he talked about the brainstem for two hours!!! I think I probably got five words in myself ;) But I did, and the rest, as they say, is history.

I spent maybe 4 minutes explaining what I was interested in. I was ready to switch gears and talk about something else except the five words she said were: "Tell me more about brainstems."

1 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Finally it's allowing me to comment so I can say "Ah...such a beautiful story." I love reading it. And I have to keep coming back to read it because you two keep adding things. Which is fine. I'm enjoying it now, but I can imagine your children reading it someday and laughing about how you met and how young you look and how old fashioned your clothes are. Etc.