Day #3 Together - 12/6/2008

When my sister found out that Matt was coming to visit, she starting bugging me to meet him. I told her absolutely not as it would be the first time I met him and you don't throw the family into the picture until at least the second trip;) But things were going so well, that I needed my sister and brother-in-law's opinion to verify what it was I was feeling for Matt. So Matt graciously agreed to have brunch at my sister's house.

Ok, so guys seriously. How many of you would turn down brunch? Merrit could have taken me to a retirement home for hours of checkers if she said, "Oh and they'll be serving us brunch after Bingo."



She made fantastic crepes and we had a great time. After leaving, I realized I (strategically) left my laptop at their house, so we went back to get it. Matt stayed in the car while I went in. I found Dana and Rob on the couch talking and Rob looked at me, got emotional and said that this was it. I can't sufficiently explain the way I felt when he said that, but I felt his words confirmed to me in my heart. That experience shifted the balance of our relationship. Up to that point, Matt's visit had been a fun opportunity to get to know a cute new someone. I never really expected anything to develop from it though. All of a sudden though, things were getting serious!

That night, Matt had planned a surprise date for us:) He even sent me an evite beforehand:




The night started off with dinner at Antico Forno in the North End which was divine, followed by a most hilarious comedy show at Improv Asylum. Afterward, Matt continued the comedy show as we walked along the waterfront and through Fanuel Hall. Matt is very funny, just ask my nieces, and would make a great addition to any party;) The best part of the night though was Matt scoring us $3 parking in Boston!!! Have you ever heard of such a thing?!!!

Hmmm. Best part of the night was me being seen in public with Merrit. She is also a great scenic addition to any party. I mean she converses well and has a keen intellect, but let's face it she's smokin' gorgeous!




Matt: "So, how about starting P90X?"
Merrit: "Good thinking. Although your double chin is really soft."

0 comments: